cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon vixia hr r42 upload to mac

kwhite
Apprentice

When I connect my Canon to my Mac the camera is visible in iPhoto but invisible in iMovie. I will import the movies into iPhoto but when trying to import them into iMovie they are not seen. I have done it once before but the last two times I can not get iMovies to see the imported movies or the camera to import directly into iMovie. How do I get the movies in mp4 format into iMovie.

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello kwhite,

While the camcorder itself and the Canon utilities are supported by us directly, the use of iMovie and other Mac native applications are not.  It must be frustrating to run into this issue and we apologize for any inconvenience that you've experienced, but support for iMovie is done through Apple directly.  I may recommend contacting them directly to see if they can assist you with iMovie.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

chrisking
Contributor

If your iMovie can't ingest your MP4 footage direclty, you'd better to convert Canon HR 42 video to Apple InterMediate Codec for iMovie. Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac is a great choice.

While, if you only want to play your camera clips, try QuickTime or other media players.

Announcements