cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon legria hf200 white noise

Michaeliel
Apprentice

Hi all,

I have bought an external microphone for my canon legria hf200 camcorder. The microphone is akg c1000s and I use it for interview purposes. The problem as stated in the subject is the white noise that occurs. Especially when I turn the volume up to hear speech the white noise becomes very noticeable. I have been told to adjust the audio settings less sensitive but the white noise problem still exists with any adjustments I've done. I wonder who should I turn to next or am I missing something or are the camcorder and the microphone somehow incompatible? I appreciate any kind of tips you might have redarding the issue. 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hello Michaeliel, 

We are not immediately familiar with this microphone and you may wish to check the specifications as per the manufacturer to ensure that this is compatible.  Compatible microphones should be self powered, around 300 ohms and have a 3.5mm jack plug.  If it attempts to draw power from the camcorder it could be causing this issue. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements