cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XC15 and Video Converter for Adobe Premiere Elements 2019

RodStafford
Apprentice

Just acquired a Canon XC15 camcorder.  Have good background in photograhy and wanted to learn a little about video filmaking.  It appears the output of the XC15 cannot be edited in Premiere Elements 2019 without converting it to some other format.

It looks like Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate might be a good tool for converting the XC15 output to somthing like MP4 or MOV.

Anyone have any experience with the Wondershare converter and will it convert the XC15 video? 

Second question, what is the recommended output format for editing in Premiere Elements?  Or does it even make a difference?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Rod Stafford

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are right. Sorry, my bad for misreading the specs.XMF.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

The problem with Premiere Elements is it not being able to import XF-AVC files. Your camera can shoot in MPEG 4 which Elements can import. Not knowing the XC15 I don't know if the MPEG4 option is HD only and not 4k. There is this converter  for XF-AVC MXF, but the resulting files may only be readable by Premiere Pro.

https://www.transfermyvideofiles.com/best-xf-avc-converter-for-mac-pc/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

RodStafford
Apprentice

The only output from the XC15 is the XMF format.  Can't find anything in the user's guide or in any of the menus that gives an option to change the output.

Went ahead and downloaded Wondershare Video Converter and it works well in converting the video files to MP4 or MOV or a number of other formats.

Of course, Premiere Elements 2019 will read the file after conversion so problem solved.

A little surprised the XC15 has just that output.  Guess I should have researched it a bit more prior to purchasing but I do like the camcorder and having the converter is a good workaround.

Thanks for input.

You are right. Sorry, my bad for misreading the specs.XMF.JPG

Announcements