cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XA20 experiencing high pitch buzz

Clare27
Contributor

I recently purchased two Sony UWP-D11 wireless microphones to work with my Canon XA20. I film interviews in a three story building. I use headphones ( headphone setting at 12 on camcorder) while recording, and can not hear a buzz or additional noise when filming. Though, it is another story when I add the files onto my or other's computers. The mics will sometimes work well upstairs, and then experience a high pitch buzz and audio noise downstairs or vice versa. Sometimes, I just experience the problem in all locations. There are a lot of inconsistencies. I spoke with a sony representative to make sure my mic settings were not the issue.

Could this be an issue with how the files are being written to a memory card, what memory card I am using,  the wireless internet in the building, or another problem? If so, what would be the best solution?

I greatly appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Clare27!

Thanks for posting.

It is possible something is causing interference or the buzz signal is coming from the mic receiver.  If you connect a standard non-wireless stereo microphone to the camera, do you hear the same buzzing?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Clare27!

Thanks for posting.

It is possible something is causing interference or the buzz signal is coming from the mic receiver.  If you connect a standard non-wireless stereo microphone to the camera, do you hear the same buzzing?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I will try this when I return to the office. Thank you for your advice 🙂

I tried using a Sony shotgun mic, but for some reason the mic cord does not go into the mic port completely. If you have any suggestions, or thoughts on it, that would be wonderful.

Announcements