cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XA10 menu items greyed out

BulldogTB
Apprentice

My FUNC menu items for AGC limit and Exposure are greyed out and I cannot find how to activate them.  I am sure there is another setting that is overriding them, and a simple answer, but I cannot find it.  Help welcome.  Thanks.IMG_20190219_084536294.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

William_N
Enthusiast

Hello BulldogTB, 

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Looking at the image of the camera's screen in your post the camera is in the Manual Exposure recording program.

In this recording program the Auto Gain Control (AGC) Limit option and Exposure compensation option are disabled. This is because the Gain control, shutter speed, and aperture are all user controlled in Manual mode, so they cannot be automatically adjusted by the camera.

To utilize these options I recommend switching the recording program to the P, Tv, or Av mode.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

William_N
Enthusiast

Hello BulldogTB, 

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Looking at the image of the camera's screen in your post the camera is in the Manual Exposure recording program.

In this recording program the Auto Gain Control (AGC) Limit option and Exposure compensation option are disabled. This is because the Gain control, shutter speed, and aperture are all user controlled in Manual mode, so they cannot be automatically adjusted by the camera.

To utilize these options I recommend switching the recording program to the P, Tv, or Av mode.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much - fixed the issue.
Announcements