Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Canon XA10 menu items greyed out

My FUNC menu items for AGC limit and Exposure are greyed out and I cannot find how to activate them.  I am sure there is another setting that is overriding them, and a simple answer, but I cannot find it.  Help welcome.  Thanks.IMG_20190219_084536294.jpg

Product Expert

Re: Canon XA10 menu items greyed out

Hello BulldogTB, 

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

Looking at the image of the camera's screen in your post the camera is in the Manual Exposure recording program.

In this recording program the Auto Gain Control (AGC) Limit option and Exposure compensation option are disabled. This is because the Gain control, shutter speed, and aperture are all user controlled in Manual mode, so they cannot be automatically adjusted by the camera.

To utilize these options I recommend switching the recording program to the P, Tv, or Av mode.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

New Contributor

Re: Canon XA10 menu items greyed out

Thank you so much - fixed the issue.