cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XA10 digital hits at the top of recorded footage...

dtpvideoguy
Apprentice

My Canon XA10 is producing digital hits at the top of my recorded footage. It happens both on a SD card and on its internal hard drive... Anyone else having this issue????? In have a big shoot in February so a quick answer is required....

dtpvideo

4 REPLIES 4

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star
What exactly do you mean by "digital hits"?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

Digital blocks all along the top of the clip once or twice...

As the problem appears on both the SD card and internal memory I would have to suspect the camcorder. Two things to test. Try with another SD card. Also try using a power adapter instead of the battery in case it is that causing the problem.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

Tim
Authority

Hello dtpvideoguy, 

Based on your description of the issue, you may wish to have the camera evaluated at your earliest convenience.  

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements