cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Vixia HF R800

David-B
Apprentice

Can anyone recommend an Anti-Glare/reflection screen protector?

Camera is very difficult to use out side as the reflections are terrible on the screen and i just cannot see what im filming.

I bought the BoxWave (clearTouch Anti-Glare (2-Pack) but it doesnt stop the glare like it claims.

Also where does the external microphone attach and where does the external light attatch as the there is no hot shoe like on a SLR?

BoxWave (clearTouch Anti-Glare (2-Pack)

4 REPLIES 4

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

To mount a mic and a light you will need something like this.vello_cb_510_dual_shoe_brackt_918053.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

But what about the reflections?

Another owner of this camera also said filming outside is alomst impossible becuase of the reflections on the screen.

A non-reflective screen is desperatley needed for this camera.

Did you not do any research or look at the specs before buying? There are cameras with both a hot shoe and a separate viewfinder as well as a screen like my G40.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

It was a present...

It has a screen of course but its hard to see in bright day light

Announcements