Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon Vixia HF R700 streaming video

I am trying to turn my camcorder into a webcam however my capture card (elgato game capture HD) is not detecting any input from the camcorder. i need help to set the camcorder to hdmi out.

New Contributor

Re: Canon Vixia HF R700 streaming video

you want to use the HDMI out and the HDMI cable supplied with your Canon VIXIA HF R700.  For me, once I connected the appropriate cables, the video capture appeared in my video capture software.

This is what I used to capture HDMI out from the R800: Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI USB Capture HDMI 3.0 HD Video Capture Dongle

I'm no elgato expert, but it must be a fairly easy transition with the R700?  got to be something just missed or overlooked.

New Contributor

Re: Canon Vixia HF R700 streaming video

Were you able to get it to work?  I have heard that the r700 works for live streaming with a video capture card.  But I have not heard of the R700 working.  I just got the R700.  I am trying to figure out if I should exchange it for a R800.