cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Vixia HF R600 - Sound Issue

jenepher
Apprentice

Whether I have my external mic plugged in or am using the built in mic. I get this fluttering sound as soon as there is sound recording. It doesn't flutter when the unit on, to record, but there is no sound.

BTW - it has worked perfectly in the past. HELP?!?

Jenepher White

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jenepher,

Thanks for posting.

Since this issues appear to affect your camcorder, regardless of which microphone is used, I recommend concentrating on the built-in microphone.

To help us determine the cause of this issue, please let us know the following:

• When you mentioned a fluttering sound, is that a sound that you hear in recordings from the camcorder or from the camcorder, itself?
  • When you record, are you using a tripod?
    • If so, does this occur if you record with the camcorder in your hand?
  • Please describe the environment in which you're recording your videos.
  • Does this occur in all environments (e.g. inside a building, outside, etc)?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jenepher
Apprentice

The sound that i hear is coming from the recordings. Not from the camcorder, itself?
I am using a tripod. But, the fluttering occurs whether it's on or off the tripod.

"Please describe the environment in which you're recording your videos.
Does this occur in all environments (e.g. inside a building, outside, etc)?"
I haven't tried anywhere else. I figure it doesn't make much sense. Since, the camera worked fine for the last few years. It obviously doesnt have to do with where it is records.

But, FYI, my studio is in the corner of the 1rst floor, in my house.

Thanks for your reply.

If you've been using the same location and this is a new issue, I'd take a look at one other thing.

If you haven't already done so, please turn your camcorder's image stabilizer off.  To do this, you'll need to set your camcorder to the "Cinema", "SCN", or "P" mode.  Here's how to use it:

Touch the "Home" icon, then choose "Other Settings" (Hammer & Screwdriver).  Now, scroll down to, then select "Image Stabilizer".  On the next screen, choose "Off".  Now, touch the "Back" arrow, and "X" out of the menu.

Now, try another short recording.  Is the noise still present?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Richard,

Thanks so much for your help. But, I found the problem. And it's not with the camcorder. : )

FYI - I had to reinstall the drivers for my sound card; FocusRite 2i2.

Jenepher White

Announcements