cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Vixia HF R20 - How do I turn off the date display?

DaisyKary
Apprentice

How do I turn off the date display on my Canon Vixia HF R20? I do not want the date on my videos. I searched the manual and googled it and can't find an answer.

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello DaisyKary,

When shooting with the VIXIA HF R20 you would be able to turn off most of the displays by pressing the [DISP. Batt. Info] button through a cycle.  It will change what is displayed on the camcorder's LCD panel.

If this is an urgent technical support matter I would urge you to contact Canon technical support directly for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I recently pirchased an HG10.

It won't let me record without setting a date and time.

The problem is once I do that, I'm stuck with a time stamp on all my videos. It's most undesireable.

I cannot find a way to turn the time stamp off. There's a whole menu for date and time, but "off" is not one of the options. I can turn off the date in my dispaly, but it still is captured on the video itself.

What is going on here? Either I'm missing something or there's a defect I need repaired.

Fixed.

After exporting footage, the timestamp went away. Was overly nervous I think.

Announcements