cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Vixia HF-G30 batteryproblem

haqvin
Apprentice

I am thinking of buying this camcorder. But when i see this video I´m not so sure anymore!

Lokk at this video and you understand what I mean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBLqucenJPc

Please can anyone answer this issue

Thanks in advance

Hakan in Sweden

4 REPLIES 4

TheDiveO
Contributor

Why should I look at some random video someone links to without even giving details what he means? If you have a question which could be easily answered when you just spell it out, why a video instead?

Alas, I own an HF G30 and have no battery issues. I'm using both the stock Canon as well as the larger genuine Canon batteries without problems. Yes, the genuine batteries are extremely expensive. However, I've seen enough battery crap so I don't want to get a LiPo fire at home or down at 30m depth. The batteries last several hours, four up to five for the larger addon battery. Get an external Canon chargetr though, it's also expensive. If you want to save some money, don't buy the HF G30 but some simple point and shot cam.

Ok! I thought maybe it was easier when you could see the problem in the picture or a video. The problem is as follows:

When, after the use of GF 30 will put it in his camera bag and unfortunately expose the camcorder's side for a pressure that does not need to be large without knowing it so the camera is turned on. Then on willow camera mode "off." As a result, when the next time will use GF 30, the battery is completely discharged.

The on-off slider is on the top. Put the cam in a bag that is large enough and then there is no problem. Pressure does not switch the HF G30 on, you need to slide the switch, thus you need to exert precise directional pressure. Never had that problem so far, but that's because I'm using a rigid bag that also protects the cam.

Get a decent bag which you need anyway and then there's no problem. Also, get a second battery. You will need it anyway. At the price of the HF G30 the battery price doesn't sting so much.

I had much more problem with my GoPro Heros of all versions (I use three HD hero 3 simultaneously). The HF G30 is a real relief as it works. The Heros constantly loose charge or discharge,  albeit I'm on the latest firmware that constantly bricks my filesystem. The HF G30 just works, none of the many problems the Heros 3 have.

Obviously in the case of the camera in the video, pressure does turn it on temporarily.  It's clearly a defective camera and I would hope he's sent it in for repair by now.  My G30 doesn't do it.  It's also a bit odd that he doesn't allow comments to the video; someone might have had a helpful suggestion (like sending it to CanonSmiley Wink).

Announcements