cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Vixia HF G20 Automatically Zoom

sevans2
Apprentice

Hello everyone I need help I got my vixia G20 around 18 months ago and everything has been stellar until a couple weeks ago. It started automatically zooming in on its own. Is there some setting that could be turned on?

If it is that something is wrong with the camera, I am out of warranty so am I just out of luck? 

Thanks,

Scott

3 REPLIES 3

VideoGeek
Mentor

Have you looked at the Zoom options starting on page 52 of the User Manual?

Look on page 157 under "Abnormal characters apear..." for instructions on how to do a factory reset.

Factory Reset.png

You can look on page 14 for the location of the Reset button (swing the LCD screen out).

Reset Button.png

Thanks for the reply I did try that it reset everything but the camera is still zooming all the way in. I did call technical support. Very frustrating I was just told to ship it in and they would give me a repair estimate.

I am 26 years old with an 18 month old at home I splurged to buy this camera in the first place. 

I'm sorry to hear the reset didn't help.  Hopefully it will be an inexpensive repair which I know you would rather not have to do.  I've not heard anything negative about Canon's repair services.  The same can't said for another four letter manufacturer which has a terrible reputation (well the service centers do).

I understand about splurging on the HF G20 as I own one as well.  

Announcements