cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Vixia G60 - What is the base ISO ?

Casey415
Enthusiast

Question please. What is the base ISO of the Canon Vixia G60 camcorder? I cannot find this info by doing Google search or spec search. Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Bear in mind also that Wide DR requires higher levels of gain than the Standard picture profile ('Look') - minimum Gain level that can be set in Manual exposure mode is +9db; and likewise the minimum AGC limit in the programmed exposure modes.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

From the specs page.

Lens

Canon 15x Optical Zoom, 8.3-124.5mm (35mm equivalent 25.5-382.5mm), f/2.8-4.5

But as Tim said, the ISO is variable.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

If you are trying to come from a DSLR (or the even older film camera world), ISO really doesn't have the same meaning or use with video given the curves that are applied to the sensor to achieve desired dynamic range and these systems are instead rated in gain and sensitivity.  Each time you increase video gain by 6db, you are effectively doubling the ISO sensitivity.

I don't know whether Canon produced a different video series for the Vixia G60 but it shares some commonalities with some of the XF models and Canon has an excellent video series for the XF-400 that I watched when I bought mine.  Take a look at this one if there aren't separate videos for the Vixia series because I think you will find it helpful and it will help with video terminology if you are coming from a DSLR world:  https://www.youtube.com/embed/41Smv-2jntc

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements