cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Video camera

mcartwright2
Apprentice

I bought a Canon Video Camera and did not get a manual like I did when I bought my Canon SX200IS camera.  What is going on?????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mcartwright2,

In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, Canon releases manuals on the CD ROM disk bundled with newer cameras.  Canon does not package this camera with bound & printed manuals.

When you install the Canon software on your computer, a PDF version of the manual for your camcorder is also installed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hello mcartwright2,

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, please let us know the model of the camera you purchased.  We look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks!

The Canon video camera that I have is a VIXIA HFR400.  Just need a manual for it.

Thanks,

Mervin W Cartwright

Hi Mcartwright2,

In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, Canon releases manuals on the CD ROM disk bundled with newer cameras.  Canon does not package this camera with bound & printed manuals.

When you install the Canon software on your computer, a PDF version of the manual for your camcorder is also installed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am disappointed in the FACT that Canon will not put a manual in with their cameras.  I need a manual when I am out on a cruise ship or on a vacation trip.  In order have access to a manual on a cd, I would need to have a computer with me at all times which is thoroughly inpractical.  The fact that you said Canon is trying to be environmentally friendly is completely bogus.  Canon is only interested in saving the cost of printing the manuals.  I will not be buying any more Canon cameras because of this FACT which distresses me greatly because I really liked the Canon cameras.

Thank you,

M Cartwright

You don't need to have a computer with you.  Most people have phones today that can read PDF files.  Simply load the file on your phone and you'll have it with you wherever you go.

Announcements