cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon VIXIA HF200 - Zooming out

rhini
Apprentice
So, I decided to use my dad's video camera and wanted to see how far it zooms in. I zoomed in, but when I tried to zoom out the camera would make a weird noise (almost like a fluttering ?). Stupidly, I decided to turn it off to see if it would reset the problem, but when I turned it back on the screen doesn't show any footage and the lens continues to make the weird noise. I've sat here for about 10 minutes and the camera keeps making the noise.
1 REPLY 1

William_N
Enthusiast

Hello rhini, 

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

For this type of behavior I recommend performing a complete reset on the camera to see how it responds. To do this I would make sure it is powered off and detach the battery.

Next, use a pointed object to press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds. The reset button is located near the hinge of the LCD above the SD card slot. After 5 seconds release the button, and re-attach the battery. Finally, power the camera on and see how it is operating. 

If the issue continues please contact our friendly Technical Support team via phone at 1-800-828-4040, M-F 9AM - 9PM EST, for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements