cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon VIXIA HF G20 - Problem with inverted image

MrMusic7
Apprentice

Project: I created a welcome video

I cannot find the "correct setting" that will allow my eyes to be CENTERED into the lens, and my shirt pocket appearing on the CORRECT side during playback. Ultimately, I want the playback of video to capture what the camera "actually" sees, and not reverse it.

The two settings I've been using to address this are, Scan Reverse Rec and LCD Mirror Image. Here are the adjustments I used and the outcome of each:

Scan Reverse Rec - Off

LCD Mirror Image - Off

1. Eyes and body NOT centered into the lens.

2. Shirt pocket on the CORRECT side.

Scan Reverse Rec - Horizontal

LCD Mirror Image - On

1. Eyes and body CENTERED into the lens.

2. Shirt pocket on the WRONG side.

Scan Reverse Rec - Horizontal

LCD Mirror Image - Off

1. Eyes and body CENTERED into the lens.

2. Shirt pocket on the WRONG side.

Scan Reverse Rec - Off

LCD Mirror Image - On

Auto Mode

1 REPLY 1

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Your explanation is somewhat confusing. Do bear in mind that the LCD screen has no bearing on what is recorded. However this is how I interpret it. With the camera at its' default settings you want yor eyes centered and the pocket to be on the left hand side. At the moment you see the pocket on the right hand side. This would be correct as the camera, just like someone standing in front of you, would see it that way. If you want it from your perspective, the easiest way is to horizontally flip the image in edit software. If your eyes were only centered with the image one way it means you were not central to the lens in the first place.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements