cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon HF-R400 in cold weather

ko4nrbs
Apprentice

How responsive is the HF-R400 LCD in cold weather?  On occasion I will be filming animals outdoors below freezing down to maybe 15 degrees or so.  I did see that the recomended operating temperatures are 32 to 104 deg F.

Any other issues I may run into and precautions I should take?

So far the camcorder is performing really well here in Flordia.  I'll be heading home in a couple of weeks.

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bill,

While we don't offer recommendations for operating the camcorder outside the recommended temperature range, to avoid fogging lenses, we do recommend that you change the operating environment gradually. 

It's a good idea to keep the camcorder in an insulated carrier.  Such a carrier will cool down gradually, avoiding internal fogging of the camcorder's lens.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bill,

While we don't offer recommendations for operating the camcorder outside the recommended temperature range, to avoid fogging lenses, we do recommend that you change the operating environment gradually. 

It's a good idea to keep the camcorder in an insulated carrier.  Such a carrier will cool down gradually, avoiding internal fogging of the camcorder's lens.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements