cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect app on iPhone won't communicate with an HFR72

Rvan2017
Apprentice

Hello,

I just purchased a Canon HFR72 in part to use the Canon Camera connect app to allow remote control of the camcorder as advertised, along with streaming what the camcorder is recording on my iPhone, and so far am having no luck.

From what I have read it appears the Viixia camcorder is supposed to list a "Camera Connect" on itt's screen during set up (the easy connection guide shows a phone outline)' but even though my iPhone can connect to the Vixia HFR72's Wifi, the actual Canon Camera connect app still shows "Camera Not Connected".

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can try?

Thank you!

Rvan

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for posting.

When using your iPhone with your camcorder, please use the CameraAccess Plus App.  You may obtain this app here:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cameraaccess-plus/id726928084?mt=8

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Richard, can you provide more detail on the steps to make CameraAccess Plus work? I have an R82 . I installed CAP on an iPAD and it does not recognize my camcorder. In Canon Connect app the remote control live shooting option says this fearture is not available for my R82. So this is a second problem. What can I do to get CAP to recognize my camcorder and what can I do to get Camera Connect to activate the remote control of live shooting. Thank you.

Hi Canontr,

Thank you for posting.

For a step-by-step guide for the use of your iOS Device as a remote control, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements