cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot transfer files from Canon VIXIA HF 11 to computer

CTuser
Apprentice

I am having problems uploading files from my HF 11 to my Windows 7 PC.  It was working in Windows 7 previously, but now the computer does not recognize the drive properly.  In Windows Explorer, it states the drive has no files or memory, which is clearly wrong.  When imagemixer 3 SE loads, it does not find files.  

Also, it seems that the computer in some ways recognizes the drive, and in some ways does not.  When I click on the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon on the task bar, it decribes the drive properly as Canon Vixia HF11.  I can even eject the drive from the icon on the taskbar, though the camcorder does not recognize it has been disconnected from the computer.   In Windows Explorer, the drive is greyed out with a generic label, not Canon VIXIA, as if it was not connected.  If I look for the drive in Disk Management, it does not appear either, it simply says "No Media."  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi CTuser!

Are there any other devices connected to your computer besides the camcorder and other general devices like the keyboard and mouse?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

There is an external hard drive for backups, a printer and a scanner.  Also, the keyboard and mouse are wireless, so there is a USB plug-in for them.  These have all been connected for some time, and they haven't been a problem previously.  I have tried using different USB ports to plug in the camera, and I've also tried changing the letter assigned to the camera drive, with no luck.

Announcements