Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Cannon Vixia HF R40 .... WI-FI ...Compatability issue with android v 4.3

My product is a $400.00  Cannon Vixia HF R40 CamCorder.

As stated before this camera ADVERTISED wifi capabilities for uploading, as well as remote control function.

as stated before there is no app, as I can see that will download to my Nexus android v 4.3... If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them?

Respected Contributor

Re: Cannon Vixia HF R40 .... WI-FI ...Compatability issue with android v 4.3

Hi autocrat9!

Thanks for posting.

There is a company called Pixela that made the app for this.  The app is called CameraAccess.  It can be downloaded from both Google Play and the Apple App Store.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

"The app is called CameraAccess.  It can be downloaded from both Google Play and the Apple App Store."

No it can't...not compatable with my BRAND NEW Google Nexus4 with android v 4.3 operating system.

From what I gather....its only compatable with ONE android phone....lol

New Contributor

Same issue here, my nexus 4 1012 version says not compatible and wont me allow to download,, i have run into this with other apps and i just go to 1mobile market and download from there but the cameraAcces is not available on 1mobile.

Also the Movie Uploader is only available for IOS so no transfer for android, only camera acces for remote shooting.

Thanks god i have my iPad