cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon VIXIA HF600 camcorders' external mics compatibiltiy with Sound Grabber 2 external mics

totoromaum
Apprentice

Hi, my research team has purchased Canon VIXIA HF600 camcorders, but they do not work well with Sound Grabber 2 external microphones. The camcorders get constant noise when they are connected with the mics. The following is the specification of the Sound Grabber 2 external mics. Could somebody check the Sound Grabber 2 external microphones are compatible with Canon VIXIA HF600 camcorders?

microphone specification.png

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I am pretty certan those microphones should work. 

You may have a wiring issue, though.  Contact Canon Support, 1-800-OK-CANON

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you very much for the answer, Waddizzle. Could you tell me more about the 'wiring issue'?

I am hassling with this issue for more than 3 months. How could I deal with the wiring issue?

Thank you.

@totoromaum wrote:

Thank you very much for the answer, Waddizzle. Could you tell me more about the 'wiring issue'?

I am hassling with this issue for more than 3 months. How could I deal with the wiring issue?

Thank you.

Likewise, I also suggest that you contact Crown, just as Richard suggested.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Totoromaum,

Thanks for posting.

Your camcorder will accept just about any microphone with a 3.5mm stereo plug. Because of the wide variety of microphones, we don't have specific recommendation for a brand or model of microphone.

Microphones should meet the following specifications: 3.5 mm stereo minijack -57 dBV (with 600 Ohm microphone)/5 kilohms or more. Because this camcorder doesn't supply "phantom" power for the microphone, an "active" microphone (requiring external power) must supply its own power.

For assistance with your microphone, I recommend contacting Crown. For contact options, please use this URL: http://www.crownaudio.com/techsupport

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements