cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon HF R800 Screen has gone white/gray

Nuthatch11705
Apprentice

The screen on my Canon VIXIA HF R800 camcorder went white/gray and nothing I do can fix it. Before it went blank it said it could not communicate with the battery. The battery was fully charged. I have also tried a different battery and turned it on while plugged in. Same results. It still makes the noises it should but screen stays white. This camcorder is only 2.5 years old and has not been damaged or exposed to rain.

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello Nuthatch11705, 

We are sorry that this issue persists.  We recommend sending this to Canon for evaluation.  You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How long would I be without the camcorder? It is the middle of my daughter's lacrosse season and ideally I would be able to video the remaining games.

Hello Nuthatch11705,

The typical turnaround time for repairs is 5-7 business days once the camcorder has been checked-in at the service center.

For more information on the repair process or help with sending in the camera please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Announcements