cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i record 'video' to my ZR85 memory card

jdavis1721
Apprentice

Hi all,

Ok, after a longlonglonglonglong time trying to figure out if i can import my video take with my ZR85 MiniDV recorder into my win 8.1 HP Envy laptop, i've come to the conclusion that it is not possible.

So, my next question is: Can i record video onto my memory card for the ZR85 and can i use standard USB to copy it into my computer.

I have read through the entire manual, but it lacks depth and clarity.  I cannot figure it out.

As far as i know, i'm using the correct types of memory cards (i've even asked people at Best Buy and they say its correct card).

I've followed the usual directions in the book for the format and it appears to format ok (??), but when i switch over to camera and try to get it to record to memory card, i keep getting what seems to be a error indicator for the memory card.

Does anyone have any advice, or should i simply give up on this camera and buy a newer one!!??

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

VideoGeek
Mentor

I'm not sure whether or not this will help but have you tried a USB video capture device?  I only suggest that because I suspect the Envy does not have an express card slot that would enable you to add a laptop firewire card.  If I am wrong then that could be another option to consider.

Mykolas
Authority

H jdavis1721!

Thanks for posting.

The memory card was only meant for still images or small 320 x 240 and 160 x 120 motion JPEGs.  Also, this camcorder was compatible with the older SD standard cards, so the card you are using may not be compatible. 

What specific card are you trying to use in the camcorder?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements