cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Disable Audio From Mics HF G20

razor7music
Apprentice
Hello

I am using this camera to stream and I have a separate audio setup. I'd like to mute all audio coming from the built-in camera mics from going through the hdmi cable I'm using for video.

I can't find how or if I can do that. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Stephen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Razor7music,

When using your camcorder in the Manual or Cinema mode, you may switch the "Mic input" from internal to external. Here's how:

Choose "Func", then "MENU", then choose the camcorder icon, then choose "Mic Terminal Input". Now, touch "LINE External Audio", then hit the "Return" button.

This is more completely described and illustrated on page 72 of the VIXIA HF G20 Instruction Manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Razor7music,

When using your camcorder in the Manual or Cinema mode, you may switch the "Mic input" from internal to external. Here's how:

Choose "Func", then "MENU", then choose the camcorder icon, then choose "Mic Terminal Input". Now, touch "LINE External Audio", then hit the "Return" button.

This is more completely described and illustrated on page 72 of the VIXIA HF G20 Instruction Manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Richard wrote:

Hi Razor7music,

Thanks. I'll switch to external even though I won't be plugging into the mic in on the camera.

++PS++

I did notice that a line in has to be plugged into the mic input jack on the camera in order for the MIC terminal input option to be selectable.

I input a jack into the mic input, and then changed the Mic terminal input to External mic, as directed.

Once I did that, I powered off the camera, then unpligged the mic jack. When I went back to the Mic terminal input menu, the option was grayed-out with horizontal dashes in the option (like before I plugged into the mic input jack on the camera)

I'll be using a completely independent audio soruce that will not be connected in any way to the camera. Making the changes you suggested, will this still mute all audio coming from the builit-in mics from transmitting through the HDMI cable I have connected for transferring video?

Thanks again!

Stephen

Hello--

I am using this camera to stream video and I have a separate audio setup that does not connect to the camera in any way. I'd like to mute all audio coming from the built-in camera mics from going through the HDMI cable I'm using for streaming video.

I can't find how or if I can do that. Is it possible?Man Sad

I posted this same questions before, but I left out that I won't be connecting an external mic to the camera.

Thanks,

Stephen

Announcements