cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CameraWindow DC: combine files into 1???

jla930
Enthusiast

I have a Canon Vixia HF R800 camcorder.  My first video was a 1-hour lecture that I shot continuously.  The camera divided the video into 4 files, approx 4 GB each, onto the SD card in the camera.  I read in another thread that the Transfer Utility LE software would import the files onto my computer as one continuous large file.  However, the HF R800 is not listed as a supported camera (HF R806 is).  I tried the CameraWindows DC software, and although this imported the files, it did not join them.  Am I therefore forced to use other software, like Adobe Premiere Elements?  Canon doesn't offer any joining software for the HF R800?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello jla930, 

In order to merge the files into one clip, the use of a non-linear editor is recommended.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello jla930, 

In order to merge the files into one clip, the use of a non-linear editor is recommended.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is a "non-linear editor"? Thanks!

jla930
Enthusiast
Thank you, Tim. This clears it up.
Announcements