cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera setup for sport - indoor - HF G40

GeirrE
Apprentice

Hi all.

Can someone please help me getting a flying start for using my new camcorder? (HF G40)

What I will try to avoid as good as possible, is the 'chopping' in movie while pan the camcorder (recording of people running).

Second priority is to convert the movie to a 'manageable' size - around 1 - 1,5GB pr 30 min (1080 hd on my old, simple and cheap camcorder). - but this is - as mentioned - a second priority.

So the question is about the best recording mode and/or manually setting the shutter speed - to wich values.

I hope I can get some hint/help before April 18th - because I am getting this camcorder just hours before the first event I am planning to record with this camcorder... 🙂

Please excuse my lousy english writing!

Brg, GeirrE.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GeirrE,

Thank you for posting.

The easiest way to increase your shutter speed is to use the Tv (AKA Shutter Priority) mode. Using this mode, you may select a shutter speed of 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, 1/60, 1/100, 1/250, 1/1000 or 1/2000 second shutter speeds.

The smallest movie size (3 MBps shooting at a resolution of 640 x 360) will produce a file size of approximately 5.4 GB for a 1/2 hour video.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GeirrE,

Thank you for posting.

The easiest way to increase your shutter speed is to use the Tv (AKA Shutter Priority) mode. Using this mode, you may select a shutter speed of 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, 1/60, 1/100, 1/250, 1/1000 or 1/2000 second shutter speeds.

The smallest movie size (3 MBps shooting at a resolution of 640 x 360) will produce a file size of approximately 5.4 GB for a 1/2 hour video.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements