cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camcorder used like a webcam

Carberry
Apprentice

Do any of the Canon camcorders have the ability to work like a webcam? That is to say, can the video output of the camcorder be streamed to a PC in real time while the video is being shot? I know that you can download videos after they are filmed, but that is NOT the question.

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Carberry,

Canon camcorders do not support a live feed and cannot function as webcams.

I hope this helps,

Richard

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

THAT IS SOME BS. THESE THINGS A WORTHLESS IN 2015

toddycanon
Apprentice
WE WANT DRIVERS FOR THIS NOW...It Can do it you just dont want to offer the drivers to do it. You advertise wireless streaming and all it does is stream to a shotty app on a cell phone with delayed image, zoom and sound that cuts out.

I don't get why this isn't offered yet. Seems like the connectivity is there, just need an app to act as a gateway. For me, livestreaming to YouTube would be my preference. Whichever company comes out with this first will sell a butt ton of camcorders and revolutionize the live streaming world. Camera that broadcasts short range to an iPhone on my side, which in turn streams it live on YouTube... I'd buy 2 of those cameras tomorrow, plus a few spare batteries, and I know at least 3 other people just off the top of my head who would also buy them right away.

The conspiracy side of my thinks that maybe mainstream media is squashing this. As we get better as independent media, mainstream loses traction and profits.

ebardach
Apprentice

I had a Vixia G10 that worked like a webcam for almost three years.  Eventually it died and I replaced it with a G20.  But I have not been able to find a way to get it to stay on all the time, without turning itself off after a minute or two.  I've run it off house current, and with and without a battery.  If you learn of a way to keep it on without its turning itself off, please do let me know.    Is it possible they actually changed the functionality between the G 10 and the G20 models?

Thanks.

Announcements