cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camcorder issue

Johnnyblues
Apprentice

Hello, can anyone tell me how to upload just the videos I want to from my hfm52 camcorder to my computer? every time I plug in it uploads all the videos which I already did.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi thanks for the advise, I called customer support, seems I never downloaded the Pixila cd that came with the camera.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Crista
Whiz

Hi Johnnyblues!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are connecting the VIXIA HF M52 to. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Thanks!

I uploading the videos to my lap top with windows 7

Mykolas
Authority

Johnnyblues,

What software program are you using to transfer the videos from your camcorder?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, I am not useing any particular software program. I am just running the usb cable into my computer then a window pops up to load the videos to my computer ( windows 7).  Unfortunetly it up loads all the videos on the camcorder all the time.

Hi Johnnyblues,

If the computer is transferring your movies using the camcorder as a folder, I'd cancel that program when it pops up and use the Windows Live Movie Maker or Windows Photo Gallery to transfer your movies.  Either will work.  They'll allow you to select the movies you want to transfer without transferring them all.  While we don't support these programs, their use is pretty straight-forward.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi thanks for the advise, I called customer support, seems I never downloaded the Pixila cd that came with the camera.

So the Windows Movie Maker can be used instead of the Canon supplied software?

I've had Canon camcorders for years, since the Elura 100. With all due respect to Canon, I've never used any Canon software, ever. Maybe I am missing something, but for flash-based I just hook up the USB, and browse/transfer, those files can easily be used by my NLE, Powerdirector. I've got quite a few Canon discs in their packaging, gathering dust.

Announcements