cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF G10 Blinking HDMI menu items when HDMI cable is connected - Diagnosis?

wolfpack
Apprentice

I've been streaming live video through my Vixia HF G10 for the last year. Recently it has started to fail to send a signal through the miniHDMI out (or the capture card has failed to recognize it). I have noticed that when I connect my Vixia HF G10 to my Blackmagic Intensity Pro capture card, the HDMI options in the settings menu *blink*. Why is this? I can't find anything in the manual. I have already: 1. changed HDMI cords 2. reseated the capture card in the PC. 3. reset the camera. 4. added a signal repeater equalizer in line for the HDMI. Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi wolfpack!

Thanks for posting.

When the connection status is blinking, this usually means there is a bad connection or the connection is not supported.  Typically, removing the extras in the connection or changing cables clears this right up. 

What happens when you connect the camcorder via HDMI directly to a TV?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

am experiencing the same problem with my legria hfg25. The menu items are blinking. I have tried changing the hdmi cable, capture card, even another canon legria hfg25, what could be the problem? Its time sensitive

Hi, Warren45!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements