cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner Professional Video Camera?

umdterps2020
Contributor

Dear Canon Community,

I am looking to buy an affordable professional video camera that has zooming, zebras, peaking, focusing, iris, shutter speed, custom white balance, audio monitoring and everything else found on a video camera.

I am looking do video journalism and videography. I want to practice and improve my skills in videography and video journalism.  I am a beginner and will be a first time user.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Mykolas
Authority

Hi umdterps2020!

Thanks for posting.

Based on what you are looking for and this being your first start into the world of professional video, I recommend the XA20 or XA25.  For comparatively not much more in price, the XF100 and XF105 are great choices as well.  For more information about each, click HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am looking for a prosumer camcorder that 100% full manual control and has the following features:

-Full Manual Control of all features

-Peaking
-Zebra
-Shutter Speed
-Iris/Aperture
-Zoom
-Focusing ring
-neutral density filter
-XLR cables (Input 1, Input 2)
-gain
-custom white balance
-good battery life
-audio monitoring/headphone jack
-playback options
-hotshoe mount for wireless mics and light kit
-dual SD card slots (I am not sure if I will use CF Cards in the future)
-variety of recording options: 1080/60i, 1080/60P, 1080/30i, and so forth
-all other features found in most professional camcorders
-Affordability

I intend to use a professional camcorders for broadcast news style videos/television news / television videography/ broadcast journalism/ video journalism for the Internet and on-air television use.

Please inform me of the prosumer and professional cameras that meets all and most or some of my specifications. Please also provide a list of camera models.

umdterps2020,

The XF105 should suit your needs very well.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

will SDHC/SDXC work with cameras beside CF Cards? Any alternatives that meets my needs?

umdterps2020,

An SD card can be put into the XF105, but this camcorder cannot record video to that card.  Video can only be recorded to the CF cards.  The SD card records any still photos or custom picture settings.  If recording video to an SD card is a must have for you, then I recommend that you look into the XA25 model instead.

Does both cameras support Adobe Premiere CC and Final Cut Pro?

Announcements