cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio on XA10 playback

HelenV
Contributor

I just did a short clip to test my XA10 before doing an interterview this week and even tho I could see the bars going up and down on the screen while I was speaking, there's no sound on playback. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello HelenV, 

So the community and myself may assist you further we'd like to ask a few questions. 

1.  Were you using the internal microphone or an external one? 

2.  Does the sound playback on another device, such as connecting to a TV or computer?  

You may wish to check the volume.  In playback, follow these steps: 

1.  During playback touch the screen to display the playback controls. 

2.  Touch the [icon looks like musical note and playback] and drag your finger along the speaker volume bar to adjust the volume and then touch the [return arrow icon].  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello HelenV, 

So the community and myself may assist you further we'd like to ask a few questions. 

1.  Were you using the internal microphone or an external one? 

2.  Does the sound playback on another device, such as connecting to a TV or computer?  

You may wish to check the volume.  In playback, follow these steps: 

1.  During playback touch the screen to display the playback controls. 

2.  Touch the [icon looks like musical note and playback] and drag your finger along the speaker volume bar to adjust the volume and then touch the [return arrow icon].  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, Tim. I was using an external mic. Finally I calmed down enough to follow the directions and the audio is now available whether listening w/ or w/o headphones.

Thanks for your reply. However, my question was 3 yrs ago and I think I figured it out w/a little help from the forum. Memory is a slippery slope these days...

Announcements