Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Community Manager

Newport News, VA Facility Open for Mail-in Service

[ Edited ]

We’re open for service! If you have a Canon product that needs service or repair, our Newport News, VA facility is open for mail-in service. Our team of dedicated technicians are standing by! Get started here

Service&SupportLogo.jpg

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Newport News, VA Facility Open for Mail-in Service

Can I mail in my Eos R5 for service?  the card slots are overheating camera and causes it to shut down prematurely with an inconsistent timer. This must obviously be software based  or maybe hardware based issue? The camera can record longer than what's stated by canon without over heating after users taking out the SD cards and cfexpress cards and recoding externally. But either way I can't confidently use my gear not knowing what the outcome will be as a hybrid user please help with a solution or software/firmware update so we can do this with out recording externally. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Valerie  or anyone in the know
How can I find out the status of my current repair at the Virginia service center?
My Canon 1DX MarkII was in for maintenance and a couple of minor repairs. It was due to ship out Tuesday or Wednesday (4th or 5th). Currently there is no information available due to the Ransomware issue. I have even tried working thru the Canon Professional Services (gold member) .... no luck.
Any help would be appreciated

Life has an expiration date
Canon 1DX MarkIII, Canon R5, Canon 5D MarkIII, several Canon lenses and a couple of Sigma lenses
Highlighted

Hi, Detective-T!  If you need help with your EOS R5, our US-based support squad will be happy to help.  Give them a call weekdays and Saturdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

We hope to talk to you soon!

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi, bobhowdy!  Our Factory Service Center support squad will be happy to bring you up to date on your repair.  Call them weekdays at 1-866-510-1335 and if you know your repair number, please have it ready when you call.

We look forward to your call!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Danny,

Thank you for the response. My camera is due to be delivered today. 

FYI .... I did call the 866 number and the CPS number on the 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th each person that I talked to was unable to tell me anything or help.

Life has an expiration date
Canon 1DX MarkIII, Canon R5, Canon 5D MarkIII, several Canon lenses and a couple of Sigma lenses