Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: New PowerShot SX280 HS Firmware available

Just install firmware 1.0.2.0 the prematurely battery flashing red issue has been fixed but another problem happen when switching back to photo mode from movie recording mode (movie shooting with optical zoom). Camera shaking icon appear constantly when I press the shutter button halfway and it keep exist even with tripod mounted. When I switch off and on again the shaking sign was gone and back to the normal (Shooting photo by pressing the shutter button halfway).

Frequent Contributor

Anyone have the problem solved?

There are any users with no battery problem at all?

My new camera 8 days from Canon came with this problem.....

New Contributor

Canon has had my sx280 longer than I have; first firmware fix didn't work and they still have my camera for the second attempt and this time it's been nearly a month.  Phone calls get shifted to other staff and ultimately to "corporate" where the excuses are incredibly lame as to why there's been no resolution.  Canon is supposed to ship me a new camera that works....I'm still waiting.  Canon has handled my issues in a really embarrassingly bush league manner.  I know that I'm not the only one who's had these issues.  It's impossible to talk to anyone at Canon who has authority to go beyond the rote verbiage I always get about policy.  Nice going, Canon.   CW Hoge

Occasional Contributor

I'm canon user for more than 9 years. I had a lot of compacts and DSLR. I advised Canon all the time. But, what is this ?!?

I bought Canon SX280 HS to travel. But, I have battery problem on recording mode. I can't use video mode, because I have battery indicator problem. Canon, you know this problem. Please, FIX IT.

Firmware 1.0.2.0 is not OK.

I love Canon, but this is really not normal .... I am sad :-/

Frequent Contributor

So many silence about Canon....  Please be ashamed and take your error, your clients must to be respected.... 

Occasional Contributor

Canon, do something before it's too late. Really, your customer must be your master.

Or, should I maybe buy Nikon? Oh .... I DON'T WANT TO ! I want to use my Canon SX280 !

... But I can't, because firmware 1.0.2.0 have still problem with battery indicator.

New Contributor

I also still have the issue after updatimg ghe firmware to 1.0.2.0. Any suggestions?

Occasional Contributor

Spam Canon is the only thing, what we can do :-/

Frequent Contributor

This Canon position sucks....
New Contributor

Has there been any fix or resolution to this yet? I got one of these cameras for Christmas and am about to return for a refund, but would love to keep it if there was an update to the fix. Does the fix work for some and not others? Please let me know something.

Also, why isn't Canon responding on this forum? Weren't they the one that created this subject? I thought Canon was "top of the line". Someone on here suggested Nikon, are they better?