Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

New EOS Rebel T4i Firmware available

New EOS Rebel T4i Firmware Version 1.0.4 offers performance improvements when shooting with certain lens models equipped with a stepping motor. To learn more about this Firmware Update and download the update, click here.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: New EOS Rebel T4i Firmware available

I downloaded and installed this last nite. At the end of the install it said the the 04 update was installed. I got a few pics off and then it started with the mirror locking up. In about 5 minutes it released and it worked again. Today on a job it finally stopped all together and will not turn on now. What do I need to do. Is this a Canon repair job or is there a magic reset button somewhere. I tried removing the batteries and als removing the lens. Both of those actions were resets in older days.

John R. Spurr

Highlighted
New Contributor

John R. Spurr an additional note. Before update I had non of the problems that the 01-04 update was supposed to fix.

JRS

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The update fixed the bug, Thanks Canon

Highlighted
New Contributor

I was discussing my delema with Canon this morning. I was getting ready t send my T4i in to repair. The Tech asked me for the serial #. Since I had a battery grip attached I had to remove it. When I replace the grip the body had power again. Yea.

So I have a feeling that the grip itself had a part in the lock-up. I had removed the batteries from the grip but that didn't help. But removing the grip itself solved the problem. At least so far as I am continuing to run test shots to see if I have the problem solved. Without the grip attached you are supposed to remove the Battery for 5 secs to allow the camera to reboot. So hope this will help anyone else with the same occurance.

JRS