Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

New EOS 6D Firmware Version 1.1.4 available

The new EOS 6D Firmware fixes an issue in which some images cannot be transferred to mobile devices running the EOS Remote app. Learn more about this Firmware update and download the update. 

Reputable Contributor

Re: New EOS 6D Firmware Version 1.1.4 available

Thank for the update but I wish we have an option of enable/disable GPS function when the camera is powered off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
New Contributor

Re: New EOS 6D Firmware Version 1.1.4 available

I totally agree along with everyone else on the web! GPS is useless if camera goes dead after 4 or 5 days when powered off. Every time I go to use the camera, the battery is dead. Now I turn off GPS and battery doesn't drain. But I never remember to turn it back on so there's no geotagging,which is one of the best features of the 6D. In standby, GPS can still be on but when camera is fully powered off, GPS should also be turned off. This should have been fixed in the 1st firmware update. Otherwise, why even put a GPS in the camera? Thanks for all the updates so far but I have found no improvement over the original firmware. Please fix the GPS.