Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Community Manager

Future Firmware plan to support 24p video recording mode for select EOS and PowerShot models.

Respected Contributor

Re: Future Firmware plan to support 24p video recording mode for select EOS and PowerShot models.

Thanks Kate.  This is so overhyped.  There is nothing wrong with 30p.  It captures an additional 6fps and looks natual, fluid and lifelike. 

24p was and has been a cinematic standard for years.  Our brains are conditioned to it.  High quality non-antiquated displays do just fine with 30p and you can stil get a soft/dramatic cinematic effect with good software.  One positive of 24p, smaller file sizes.  Can't make everyone happy though so back to 24p we go. 

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra
VIP

Re: Future Firmware plan to support 24p video recording mode for select EOS and PowerShot models.

I think it is great that Canon responds to customer feedback.  

I have a wish list of my own.  It is hard to see the AF focusing points when using AI Servo mode in low light conditions.  The squares are dark, which makes them hard to see.  Allow users to select the color of the AF points when using AI Servo, red or black.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."