cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Parks Week - Show Us What You've Got!

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you ever taken an awesome photo at your favorite national park that you just had to show off to everyone you know? You're in luck! It's #NationalParkWeek and we want to see them! Share with us below.

joshua tree NP.png

Joshua Tree National Park - California

I have been fortunate to have explored this park for many years. Along with a group of friends we ventured out to capture the milky way. The tricky part to making this photo was balancing the light in the foreground so that it would not distract from the night sky. I light painted the foreground briefly with a diffused flashlight and exposed for 20 seconds to keep the stars nice and sharp.

Camera: EOS 5D Mark III

Lens: EF14mm 2.8 L USM

Shutter Speed: 20 sec.

Aperture: f2/8

ISO:3200

petrified_forrestNP.png

Petrified Forest National Park - Arizona

There is so much to explore at this park. As it was spring during this visit, there were random rain storms that would pass thorough. Cloud cover swept across the sun just in time for a brief shower. The light was undeniable and I just had to make this photo.

Camera: EOS 5DS R

Lens: EF 100-400mm IS II USM @142mm

Shutter Speed:1/3200th sec.

Aperture: f/8

ISO: 400

grand_canyonNP.png

Grand Canyon National Park - Arizona

During a cross country drive I knew I had to make time to visit the Grand Canyon. The clouds cleared just as I arrived at the north ridge. I had to grab this photograph as I believe the tourist in the upper left corner helps truly define the scale of this marvelous wonder.

Camera: EOS 5DS R

Lens: EF 100-400mm IS II USM @100mm

Shutter Speed: 1/640th sec.

Aperture: f/8

ISO: 400

10 REPLIES 10

JPS_
Enthusiast

Spent 3 days with my son at Grand Teton National Park last June photographing the sites, it was an awesome experience.  Getting up at the crack of dawn everyday and getting back to camp at the end of the day, dead tired, was worth it.  So many things to see and do, 3 days was not enough.

Chapel of the Transfiguration is at the foothills of the range and the picture window frames the mountains just perfect.

The Teton Range from Schwabacher's Landing.

The range from the Snake River OverlookChapel of the TransfigurationChapel of the TransfigurationPicture Window inside the ChapelPicture Window inside the ChapelTetons from Snake River LandingTetons from Snake River LandingTetons from Schwabacher's LandingTetons from Schwabacher's Landing

R6 with EF70-200 2.8 II

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

How about one from left field:

IMG_6809sm.jpg

This is a "Geologic Fireplace" This happens to be at the Wilderness lodge at WDW, but the rocks come from the Grand Canyon and are arranged in the same order the strata appear in the Grand Canyon. There is a similar - though *much* smaller - fireplace at the Bright Angel lodge at GCNP.

MCPhotography
Contributor

Yosemite Valley - HDRYosemite Valley - HDR

Grand Canyon South Rim, October 2023.

Rebel T7, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STMRebel T7, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STMRebel T7, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STMRebel T7, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STMRebel T7, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS IIRebel T7, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS IIRebel T7, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STMRebel T7, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STMRebel T7, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STMRebel T7, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STMRebel T7, EF-85mm f1.8 USMRebel T7, EF-85mm f1.8 USM

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is such a wonderful park and you did a great job capturing some beautiful photos. I especially love how the light is peeking around the corned on the 2nd image. It's so challenging to really convey the scale of the canyon and you did it!

Thank you!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Untitled_Panorama1 copy.jpg

Grand Teton National monument

Canon T3i with EFS-17-85; 6 image panorama

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow! That was an ambitions project and you did a really nice job.

BrighamBB
Apprentice

Love national parks.  On a mission to see them all! Here is sunrise from Acadia's ocean trail.ACADIA23-1-min.jpg

Announcements