cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX620 HS Flash not working

Isaherrera
Apprentice

I have the canon power shot sx620 hs, and I can’t turn my flash on when I want to. I’ve raised the flash, but when I try to press the downward arrow to change the flash from automatic to on, the option doesn’t pop up. Wondering what I’m doing wrong, thanks!

image.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Looks like you're shooting in Program mode. If so, will the flash fire if you try shooting in dim lighting conditions? If so, try switching out of Program mode and try using Tv or Av mode.

Some of the more automatic modes like Program or the "green square" fully auto mode will not allow you to override the camera's default flash mode (and possibly other settings) if it determines that the resulting image won't be properly exposed.

Switching to one of the Creative Modes like Av or Tv will give you a bit more flexibility.

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

It appears that your camera doesn't offer the option to shoot in Av or Tv modes, so my advice above may not help much.

In a given situation the camera may be sensing that you don't need the additional lighting from the flash, or your subject is too far from or too near the camera to provide a proper flash exposure.

Do you possibly have the camera set for High Speed Continuous Shooting or Video mode? That might prevent the camera from using the flash.

Announcements