cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF624Cw Errors out Constantly

amckain
Apprentice

Hello -

I own a Canon image class MFW624C printer that is suddenly erroring out every time I try to print something. I've now tried on a PC, a Windows OS laptop, and a macbook and have gotten the same results. The only way I  can print successfully is from my iPhone and even that is sporadic at best. Can someone help me figure this out so I can get back to using my printer?Screenshot 2024-04-24 135312.png

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

To start, please tell us how the printer is connected and to what?  

Wi-Fi

Ethernet

USB

Then, let's pick one device (that's not working) to test with.  We can move forward from there.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It's connected through Wi-Fi and I'd love to get it working on my Lenovo desktop!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

MF624 Color Wireless

Windows Desktop

OK.

Support Portal:

Canon Support for Color imageCLASS MF624Cw | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

#1 [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF628Cw/MF624Cw MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNjg0MTA1&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

# 2 [Windows 32bit & 64bit] MF Scan Utility Ver.1.21.0.2

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDIwMDAwNjg2NTAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Start by downloading the files above.

Next log into your router and confirm the IP address assigned to the print and the IP address assigned to the computer.  You can see them in the list of attached devices.  Note both.  

Optional step, but recommended:  Assign a static IP to the printer. Once set, restart the printer and verify it has the static IP you assigned.  You can verify by performing the following.  PING IP from a command prompt, or open a web browser and enter the IP address there.  The printers web server should display. 

Once confirmed, remove the printer from your computer.  Then uninstall its drivers.  Now restart your computer.

Run the first download #1.  Then run the #2.  Now perform a test print and scan.  Please let us know the results.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements