cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Recognizing PF-05 printheads - IPF6450

michaelj
Apprentice

I recently needed to replace the right print head in my Canon IPF6450 printer. When I went to install it, the printer would not recognize it. When I compare it to the one I am replacing, the contacts on top don't match. In the photos for new print heads, everyone shows the contact pattern that the new incompatible one uses. I'm running the latest firmware with 1.50. Has Canon updated their print head? Anyone have any ideas why the new one won't work? I plugged the old one back in and it ran the alignment successfully. This tells me the carriage must be fine.

4 REPLIES 4

Capxrr
Apprentice

I'm having this same issue with my iPF8400... new PF-05 printheads from multiple certified canon part dealers have all been the same, but do NOT match PF-05 heads (they look like PF-06 with the wrong label??). They also do not work in my printer. 

Has anyone solved this? Was there a change? if so, why no notice and why don't they work? I've spent HOURS on the phone trying to find someone who can answer me on this.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Based on the information available, the PF-05 should fit the IPF8400.

I would work with the place of purchase / Canon Authorized Dealer for resolution.  If this is a US based product,  I'd also contact Canon USA support.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/imageprograf-ipf8400

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

michaelj
Apprentice

The solution for my iPF 6450 was to use another Amazon dealer with the Druckhopf version of the PF-05. Same number but different contacts. Why does Canon do this?

Amazon.com : PF-05 - Druckkopf by Canon : Inkjet Printer Ink Cartridges : Office Products

@michaelj... that "druckopf" PF-05 version with the different contacts is not working in my ipf8400 unfortunately 

Announcements