cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G3260 Driver Installation Fails with No Codes

srayshell
Apprentice

I have tried several times now to install a driver on my Canon G3260. It was printing just fine last week but suddenly it no longer showed up in my printer list and when I tried to add it back, it said no driver found. I downloaded the driver from the Canon site and it went all the way to #3 on the progress bar, even indicating it had detected the printer, but then gave: Installation failed. Click [Back to Top] and restart the setup. I restarted my laptop and tried again with the same result. I an running Windows 11 Home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

How are you connecting the printer, and to what device?  Directly to a computer, your wireless network?

Downloads for the printer can be found here:

Canon Support for PIXMA G3260 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

I'd use this driver for windows 11:

Print Driver and Scan Utility Installer Ver.1.02 (Windows)

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMDkxNDAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

If you have any failed instances of the printer installed, I'd remove them, and disconnect the printer's Cable (USB) connection.  Now uninstall any drivers, then restart my computer.

Now run the installer I provided, do not connect the printer to USB until you are prompted to do so.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

How are you connecting the printer, and to what device?  Directly to a computer, your wireless network?

Downloads for the printer can be found here:

Canon Support for PIXMA G3260 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

I'd use this driver for windows 11:

Print Driver and Scan Utility Installer Ver.1.02 (Windows)

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAxMDkxNDAy&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

If you have any failed instances of the printer installed, I'd remove them, and disconnect the printer's Cable (USB) connection.  Now uninstall any drivers, then restart my computer.

Now run the installer I provided, do not connect the printer to USB until you are prompted to do so.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks shadowsports! That solved the problem. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thank you for your reply and feedback!  Glad I could help. 😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi again @shadowsports. I now have another problem. I am able to print just fine by my Canon Inkjet Print Utility doesn't work. It says "A driver supported by this software is not installed." Can you point me to the driver for this utility so I can troubleshoot another issue with one color not printing?

Announcements