cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I made a BP-A30 battery grip for the Canon R5 C R5C

MDXFILMS
Contributor

I made a battery grip for the R5C using the canon BP-A 30 batteries. Now I have 8k 60p no limitations, and battery anxiety is also nonexistent now 😂. Also getting about 2 1/2 hours of use. Thought I would share this because if I can make this you can too. Also canon can make this too. Canon or whoever please steal this idea make it better. 

made of; NEWEER battery grip, 12v to 9v converter, canon DR-E6C converter, AND Dolgen BPA engineering battery plate. 

I had to create a metal piece to connect the battery grip to the battery plate, and I had to solder it in two different places. I also use a tripod plate/shoe to add more pressure to keep it in place. 

I have use this on my professional shoots to great success. I bought a second camera R5C and made a second battery grip for my two camera shoots.

The only other thing that’s on my wish list for this camera is shooting in a 8K 60P in the HEVC format

C32F1088-898D-4289-892F-75ED69683B9C.jpeg

6BBB64C5-20BD-4C64-875A-C025701AED5E.jpeg

382AA3B8-DE28-451B-99DC-FDBEF7107CA9.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

will4m
Apprentice

This is fantastic!  Quite an elegant solution using the DR-E6C inside of the battery grip – when I saw the first picture, I was expecting that there was a USB-C cable hanging off the side out-of-site, but this looks clean!

Do my eyes deceive me, or is the battery charge level being displayed on the camera's display?

P.S. Canon / any 3rd party, please do make a version of this where the battery can be fully recessed inside of the grip – I think such a product would find a lot of happy customers!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Remarkable and quite ingenious.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

MellowMover
Apprentice

Please submit your design to SmallRig Co-Design:
https://www.smallrig.com/co-design

Announcements