cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS7720 Which apps can be removed?

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

Is the following software still needed after printer install?

I'm recently retired (one year ago) and for the first time in forever, I needed to print something at home without having the office printer anymore... so I broke down and bought a Canon PIXMA TS 7720.  Small but perfect for my limited needs.

It has been over 15 years since I've had a printer installed on my Mac, so I know what I see is something different from back then.  The printer connects wireless to the Mac (not sure if that matters for what I am about to ask).

There are two new items in the Mac Finder that are showing up alongside my various drives.  I believe the "mms2-mac-102_0_1-ea21_3" was for install only, and I am assuming that it can now be removed, correct?

The other item is "Canon Inkjet Smart Connect".  Is this something required if I occasionally just send a PDF wirelessly to the printer?

Asking simply because I like to keep the clutter off of my Mac.  The two items are the silver drives in the image below.Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 9.45.55 AM.png

Thanks!

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

Yes, those items are virtual disk images presumably from .dmg files that contain the installation software.  You can either single-click on those items, then choose "Eject" from the File menu within Finder.  Or, right-click (Control-click) on those items and choose the "Eject <filename>" item.  Or, click and drag those icons to the Trash (if you do this, the Trash icon will change to an Eject icon).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite

Yes, those items are virtual disk images presumably from .dmg files that contain the installation software.  You can either single-click on those items, then choose "Eject" from the File menu within Finder.  Or, right-click (Control-click) on those items and choose the "Eject <filename>" item.  Or, click and drag those icons to the Trash (if you do this, the Trash icon will change to an Eject icon).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

Yessir, I know how to remove them, I just wasn't sure if they were required at this point.  Since this is just an entry level printer, install was shockingly clunky and slow, so I didn't want to go through all of that again.

Thanks for the quick reply, Ricky!

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses
Announcements