cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update firmware on MF753Cdw using Canon Firmware Update Tool V03.04

theroots
Apprentice

I have been trying to update the firmware on my Canon Color imageCLASS #MF753Cdw, but keep getting an error

Canon Firmware Update Error Message_20240104.JPG

I am using the MF753Cdw/ MF751Cdw Firmware Update Tool V03.04 [Windows], dated 09/01/2023 from the Canon website.  The filename is "win-mf754-751-fw-v0304.exe".  It won't update from the Printer's Firmware update menu option.  I have tried running this from my desktop, from a laptop (connected via WiFi and Ethernet), and via a USB cable directly to the printer.  The WiFi and Ethernet options cannot find the printer and I have to enter the IP address and the USB cable cannot find the printer, as well.  The Support notice states "Vulnerabilities of network accessible products have been addressed."  So, I thought it would be important to update my printer.

When I tried updating via a USB cable, I used the USB-A port on the back of the printer, as opposed to the USB-B port.  Would this make a difference?  (I don't have a USB-B cables anymore, which is why I used the USB-A port).  Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

theroots
Apprentice

I tried contacting Canon Support via the email address listed on my Account for my printer, but the email bounced saying the email address was unmonitored.  Alternately, it said to contact support through the Chat, which it said was available 9:00 am through 9:00 pm.  But the Chat button, hasn't been available all day.  My printer is still under warranty, so Canon, how do I get support other than calling?

Canon Support Contact Methods_20240104.JPGCanon Support Email Response_20240104.JPG

mcCanon
Apprentice

I had same issue with a 652 that I just bought.  Turns out, during set up, I entered 2023 as the current year (it is Jan 6, 2024 as I type this).  Fixed the date to be 2024, and it updated with no problem.

Thanks, but I just checked the date and it is correct on the printer.

pauljdurack
Contributor

I had an issue with a printer and managed to get in touch with support, BUT, I was keen to speak to someone about a software/firmware issue, but instead was sent a replacement printer, with the exact same software-related issue - not ideal. I would like to know how best to contact Canon dev support, as my issue has now been confirmed by one of the scanner app software developers I've been interacting with

Announcements