Community Manager
Community Manager

RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM 

6263C002_RF200_800mm_3.png

• Powerful zoom range from 200mm through 800mm
  • Compatible with Extender RF1.4x and Extender RF2x, at all focal lengths
  • Comfortable handheld shooting and amazing mobility
  • Optimized optical design maintains high image quality through zoom range
  • Nano USM for quiet and smooth AF during movie recording that also supports focus breathing correction* 
  • Optical IS with image stabilization effect of 5.5 stops and support for Coordinated Control IS**
  • Dust- and weather-resistant design
  • Focus/control ring and two Lens Function Buttons

OVERVIEW

The RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM is a versatile lens, combining powerful telephoto capability and Image Stabilization in a portable design that many users may be able to hand-hold. The lens weighs about 4.5 pounds, and its Image Stabilization delivers up to 5.5 stops of shake-correction**, for steadiness whether you’re handholding, or working with a monopod. The RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM can help elevate your content whether it’s wildlife, birds and nature, or outdoor sports such as surfing, golf, baseball, motorsports, and more.

RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z 

6347C002_RF24_105mm_9.png

• World’s first 24-105mm focal length combined with consistent f/2.8 maximum aperture1
  • Supports optional Canon Power Zoom Adapters
  • 11 aperture blades
  • Smooth, click-less iris ring for precise lens aperture control
  • Close-focusing to under 1.5 feet (0.45m) at all focal lengths
  • Maximum magnification 0.29x at the 105mm zoom setting
  • Optical Image Stabilization up to 5.5 stops of shake correction and Coordinated Control (IS up to 8.0 stops with cameras equipped with IBIS)4
  • Nano USM maintains focus while zooming
  • Outstanding handling with included tripod mount featuring lock release button
  • Dust- and water-resistant structure and lens fluorine coating

OVERVIEW

The RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z is the world’s first 24-105mm focal length lens combined with consistent f/2.8 aperture.1 With its constant f/2.8 max aperture, full-frame coverage, and its ability to zoom past the traditional 70mm roadblock to a true portrait-length 105mm, this lens is an incredible standard zoom solution for many different applications. An optional, dedicated Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2 transforms the video operation possibilities with its smooth and versatile zooming. Even in low light, this lens will excel for weddings and events, photojournalism, portraiture, studio work, and video creation.

RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM 

6262C002_RF_S10_18mm_primary.png

• Ultra-wide-angle zoom lens for Canon EOS APS-C cameras
  • Zoom range of 10-18mm (16-29mm equivalent)
  • Wide angle of view for vlogging and selfies
  • Outstanding image quality throughout the image, from center to periphery
  • Maximum magnification of 0.23x in AF mode and 0.5x in MF mode
  • Optical IS with image stabilization effect of 4.0 stops and Coordinated Control IS up to 6.0 stops with cameras equipped with IBIS*
  • Leadscrew-type STM focus drive for smooth, natural movie AF and focus breathing correction**
  • Compact and lightweight lens featuring a lens-retraction mechanism
  • Can be attached to both APS-C and full-frame EOS R-series cameras without a mount adapter

OVERVIEW      

The RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM lens combines excellent optics and high performance, providing an ultra-wide angle of view in a compact, portable package, perfect for EOS R cameras with an APS-C sensor. The optical performance is a direct result of a totally new lens design, highlighted by two Ultra-low Dispersion glass elements and an Aspheric element. The RF-S10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM delivers reliable, speedy and quiet wide-angle performance, making it an ideal lens for vlogging, video, travel, landscapes, interiors, or simply for creative imagery.

Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2 

6348C002_Power_Zoom_Adapter_PZ_E2_primary.png

• Enables sophisticated zoom control for the RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z lens
  • DC motor that can be finely adjusted via dial provides both rapid zoom action and smooth, low-speed zooming
  • Supports various shooting styles and conditions via manual or remote operation
  • Can be easily attached or detached while the lens is combined with a rig, gimbal, or tripod without the use of a special tool*
  • Thumb rest included to enhance handheld shooting experience
  • Supports the PD-E1 power adapter (sold separately) to supply power via USB-C port

OVERVIEW

The Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2 enables sophisticated zoom control for the RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z lens and provides a variety of controllable functions to meet the needs of videographers. The zoom speed of the DC motor can be finely adjusted in a stepless manner via a dial to provide both rapid zoom action and smooth, low-speed zooming. A separate model, the PZ-E2B, is also equipped with a 20-pin port making it compatible with Canon cinema and broadcast lens accessories. Either version attaches directly to the RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z lens, and draws power from the camera, through contacts on the lens — no batteries are in either PZ-E2 unit.

Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2B 

6349C002_Power_Zoom_Adapter_PZ_E2B_primary.png

• Enables sophisticated zoom control for the RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z lens
  • DC motor that can be finely adjusted via dial provides both rapid zoom action and smooth, low-speed zooming
  • Supports various shooting styles and conditions via manual or remote operation
  • Can be easily attached or detached while the lens is combined with a rig, gimbal, or tripod without the use of a special tool*
  • Thumb rest included to enhance handheld shooting experience
  • Supports the PD-E1 power adapter (sold separately) to supply power via USB-C port
  • Equipped with 20-pin port for compatibility with Canon zoom servo grip, zoom demand, focus demand, and other accessories for movie shooting

OVERVIEW

The Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2B enables sophisticated zoom control for the RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z lens and provides a variety of controllable functions to meet the needs of videographers. The zoom speed of the DC motor can be finely adjusted in a stepless manner via a dial to provide both rapid zoom action and smooth, low-speed zooming. It is also equipped with a 20-pin port making it compatible with Canon cinema and broadcast lens accessories.  The Power Zoom Adapter attaches directly to the RF24-105mm F2.8 L IS USM Z lens, and draws power from the camera, through contacts on the lens — no batteries are in the PZ-E2B unit.

13 REPLIES 13

rs-eos
Elite

Oooh... that RF 24-105mm on an EOS C70 with Power Zoom Adapter.   Definitely something to contemplate.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Now I could skip a lens. 24-105 f2.8 with 100-300 f2.8

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

As a wildlife shooter the 200-800 looks appealing, and seems like a reasonable price in the US, but in NZ it will likely be around $4k, which is a lot more than I want to invest right now.  Looks like I shall be shooting with my trusty Sigma 150-600 and 60-600 lenses a while more!

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Overnight we get three new lenses, 😀😀😀 new cinema and PTZ  firmware's, 👍 and power zoom accessories for the RF 24-105 f2.8 L Z.

Wonderful!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Danfaz
Enthusiast

24-105 pre-ordered instantly! This lens is a dream come true!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The RF 200-800mm sounds like a first of its kind lens.  A super telephoto zoom lens that reaches 800mm.  I think it is time to retire my Sigma 150-800, which was best for still subjects, not so great for really fast action photography.    

BUT, the RF 24-105mm f/2.8L might have to come first.  It’s time to jump into the R series at the deep end of the pool and leave the EF mount gear behind, most of which already has support ending dates marked on my calendar.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

LaneW
Enthusiast

I have preordered the 200-800 from Adorama but they cant give me a shipping date.  Would I get it any quicker preordering from Canon at this point?  Any info on shipping estimates other than the Dec 14 I see?

Canon R5, 80D. EF 100-400 ii, 1.4 ii TC. RF 800 F/11. RF 24-105 F/4

What Rick said. You're already in the queue with Adorama. If you pre-order now with Canon, you will be farther behind. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi LaneW,

I think you're good with Adorama.  Going with the biggies are your safest bets.  B&H, Adorama, Canon direct...  I expect you'll have it in your hands Dec 16-18th if it's ships on time.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements