cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility and OBS no longer recognize EOS M50 Mark II

ericryan3244
Apprentice

I updated the EOS app because I wanted to upgrade my subscription so I could stream in 1080 60fps, and now neither the EOS app or OBS will produce an image with the camera. All of my apps and OS are fully up to date. I'm using a Mac. When I open the EOS webcam app, this is all I get. It's impossible to generate an image. OBS shows the exact same thing.

I've been using this camera and OBS for months, and no problem has ever occurred. And I know it's not because the connection is faulty, because when that happens, you get a USB symbol with a red X.

Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 7.22.20 AM.png

9 REPLIES 9

Stephen

Hi there!

Which camera are you using?

M50 Mark II

Try to re-download the software from here: https://canon.us/livestream 

I did that. I completely deleted the app and redownloaded it before I wrote this post.

Cool. We'll need to wait for support to chime in, then! 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What Operating System are you running?  Have you tried rebooting the computer following removing the app, and then rebooting again after re-installing it?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ericryan3244
Apprentice

Mac OS... and yes, I've done all of that

@ericryan3244 wrote:

Mac OS... and yes, I've done all of that

What Operating System are you using?  Specifically, which version?

That response is comparable to saying “Canon” when asked what camera you’re using.

Just a reminder.  This forum is a social media platform.  It is neither Canon Service, Canon Support, or Canon Sales.

Also, the latest releases and updates to Apple Operating Systems seem to disable the USB ports.

Announcements