cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi printing on canon Mx455 suddenly fails.

MALBERTHO
Apprentice

in november 2013 we bought a canon mx455 printer and installed it without difficulty, connecting it to our broadband network using the wireless LAN setup feature on the device itself. At the same time I also loaded the files from the CD provided on to my Windows laptop. For most of 2014 we were able to print by wifi from either of our tablets ( an ipad and a Sony Xperia android) and also the laptop. Then the error message 'no airprinter found' came up when we tried to print, and the connection was lost despite all the devices being on the same SSID. I reset the printer and the configuration page printed identical data to that upon the original setup with a signal strength of 64%. The printer is within 10 metres of the BT wireless hub. There are no error messages on the printer display although there was a 'low ink' warning about the time the link failed. I have been through troubleshooting without success and am now only able to print using a USB cable to the laptop. All the devices are showing as being on the same SSID, so why can't they 'see' the printer? 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements