cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the WPS button?

dmlarsen
Apprentice

Just got a Canon PIXMA MX432 and trying to set up.  It asks for me to push the WPS button, but can't find?  Hep?

134 REPLIES 134

Thank you so much - you saved me hours of stress - can't believe how appalling their instructions are - the unlabeled STOP button worked first time and it found my WIFI immediately. Thank you so much again.

AFTER sifting through ALL the unnecessary details this pits was very helpful setting up the wireless thanks!

Yes,  to skip all the diatribe in this thread, find detailed instructions in post #17 and other instructions in post #7 and #9 in this thread above.

Thank you.  Your (very wordy 🙂 ) rant was the key to me getting connected.  I needed to just copy something, but wanted /needed to get through the connection step first.  The whole WPS thing was a no go.  I could not even decide which of three similar items were the router, and I did not find anything that looked like a WPS button on any of them.  fingurig out the right password was a challenge too, but I did finally get that.   Thank you very much.  Now on to other things on my list of things to do!

Fantastic.  Thanks so much for this advice. 

Was going nuts trying to set up my new Canon MG6400 and your work-around worked fine for that one too!
Thanks for taking the trouble to post.  VERY helpful.

I am done.....I am done....!

I simply give up....after weeks of working on connecting this "thing" wirelessy, it finally connected (with the help of an on line tech) BUT, it would not respond correctly...the tech said that the codes it was giving me told him that my almost brand new printer cartrages were no good...empty...worn out...etc...I told him he was crazy....while he was on the phone, I connected the usb cord to the printer and the codes immediately went away...so I will just use the wonderful printer with a usb and forget the wireless...period..It works just fine this way..

That is all I have to say about that..

Taking mine back to the store.

Cannon lost another sale.

Don't think they care.

Brilliant advice thank you this worked!

Your welcome.  Did you get it to work wired or wirelessly?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  I've wasted an hour tonight trying to figure out the installation instructions.  This is my 4th Canon printer and all the previous ones have automatically gone out and found the router.  The instructions provided this time were not helpful at all .... neither was the web, until I read your comments.  My husband and I thank you profusely!

Announcements