cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the WPS button?

dmlarsen
Apprentice

Just got a Canon PIXMA MX432 and trying to set up.  It asks for me to push the WPS button, but can't find?  Hep?

134 REPLIES 134

ruxcad
Apprentice

When its asking for "Press and Hold the WPS Button", press the button STOP (There is red color upside down triangle inside the circle symbol). Now you will see the "STANDARD SETUP, WPS and OTHER SETUP. Here you can press STANDARD SETUP. Now it will show you your wifi network name. Select your wifi network name and the select the Password. If you press OK button after showing the grids, it will show you alpha numerical key pad. you can type your wifi password, it will set all automatically and your printer will be ready for print. 

I tried that too... typed in the Router Pwd and still won't print.  At least it shows in the printer lineup on the control panel ... for whatever that's worth.

e10011972
Apprentice

Hello all,

I just bought a Canon MX925 (same than MX920).

I tried to setup the printer in all possible options but still does not work.

I tried the WPS, normal and advance setup.

I can see the printer on the router Zyxel P-2812HNU-F1 but when i install the Cannon program and drivers, it cannot find the printer.

I am running windows 7 64 bits. 

I am wondering if some of the firewall settings of windows might be blocking the installation?

Any comments or suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance

Nadianoah
Apprentice
I joined this network just to thank you for these amazing instructions! I don't know how long ago you posted but you are awesome! I was able to setup flawlessly!

You are welcome bro!

anatalos
Apprentice

this printer is the worst.  I can't get it to work on any of the 3 computers I have.  and I spent all day on this.  What a terrible waiste of money and I bought two of them.

Hi anatalos,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the printer model you have, and your computer's operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X). That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

anatalos
Apprentice

my router is on top of the furniture 200 feet away from the printer.  I have never encountered any of this before with any other priter I owned.  

anatalos
Apprentice

it works now, but only because I found the dvd and installed it from there.  

anatalos
Apprentice
Canon mx922
Announcements